The annual maximum for matching gifts is $10,000 from donations and hours combined.
For Associates interested in contributing to The CarMax Foundation Matching Gifts Program, here's the process:
- Submit your matching gift online via the CarMax Associate Giving Portal.
- Print or email the confirmation information for the nonprofit.
- The nonprofit must verify the donation of time or money.
- Checks are processed quarterly, and it might take some time for the organization to receive the matching gift amount due to the verification process.
- Not all gifts or organizations are eligible.
For more information, please see complete program guidelines or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Associates' family members can also participate in the Matching Gifts Program. Eligible dependents who can contribute to nonprofit organizations include:
- Spouse / domestic partner
- Children aged 26 and under, which include an Associate's:
- Biological child
- Adopted child (or a child placed for adoption)
- Foster child
- Biological or adopted child/children of an Associate's domestic partner, provided the domestic partner is enrolled for coverage and the child/children are the tax dependent of the Associate for federal income tax purposes.
- Children for whom an Associate has legal guardianship or who, by court order, are dependents for purposes of providing health care coverage and who are the tax dependent of the Associate for federal income tax purposes.
In FY16, there were $494,321 Associate matches